- Klesse S, ... Rigling A, Frei ER (2022) Long-term soil water limitation and previous tree vigor drive local variability of drought-induced crown dieback in Fagus sylvatica. STOTEN, in press.
- Klesse S, ... Rigling A, Queloz V (2021) Spread and severity of ash dieback in Switzerland – Tree characteristics and landscape features explain varying mortality probability. Frontiers in Forests and Global Change, 4: 645920. 10.3389/ffgc.2021.645920
- Etzold S, ... Rigling A (2019) One century of forest monitoring data in Switzerland reveals species- and site-specific trends of climate-induced tree mortality. Frontiers in Plant Science, 10: 307 pp. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2019.00307
- Gessler A, ... Rigling A, ... Saurer M (2018) Drought induced tree mortality – a tree-ring isotope based conceptual model to assess mechanisms and predispositions. New Phytologist, 219: 485–490.
- Bigler C, ... Rigling A (2006) Drought as inciting mortality factor in Scots pine stands of the Valais, Switzerland. Ecosystems 9:330-343