- Bose A**, Rigling A**, et al. (2022) Response patterns of ecosystem traits and functioning to a long-term drought-release experiment in a mature dry Scots pine forest. Ecological Monographs, DOI: 10.1002/ecm.1507. (**equal contribution).
- Zweifel R, ... Rigling A (2020) Determinants of legacy effects in pine trees - implications from an irrigation-stop experiment, New Phytologist, 227: 1081-.1096
- Joseph J, ... Rigling A, ... Gessler A (2020) Rhizosphere activity in an old-growth forest reacts rapidly to changes in soil moisture and shapes whole-tree carbon allocation. PNAS, 117: 24885-24892.
- Schönbeck L, ... Rigling A, ... Li M-H (2018) Homeostatic maintenance of non-structural carbohydrates after 13 years of drought and irrigation in Pinus sylvestris L., New Phytologist, doi: 10.1111/nph.15224
- Feichtinger L, ... Rigling A (2014) Growth adjustments of conifers to drought and to century-long irrigation. Forest Ecology and Management, 334: 96-105
- Dobbertin M, ... Rigling A (2010) Effect of irrigation on needle, shoot and stem growth in natural drought exposed Pinus sylvestris forests, Tree Physiology, 30:346-360