Drought Impacts on Forests
- Hunziker S, ... Rigling A, Gessler A (2022) Below average midsummer to early autumn precipitation evolved into the main driver of sudden Scots pine vitality decline in the Swiss Rhône valley. Frontiers in Forests and Global Change. https://doi.org/10.3389/ffgc.2022.874100
- Rigling A, et al. (2013) Driving factors of a vegetation shift from Scots pine to pubescent oak in dry Alpine forests. Global Change Biology. 19: 229-240.
- Lévesque M, ... Rigling A (2013) Drought responses of five conifers at their xeric distribution limit in the Alps and under mesic conditions in Central Europe. Global Change Biology, 19: 3184-3199
Lowlands & Jura Mts
- Frey E, ... Rigling A, ... Wohlgemuth T (2022) European beech dieback after premature leaf senescence during the 2018 drought in northern Switzerland. Plant Biology, accepted.
- Lévesque M, Rigling A, ... Brang P (2014) Growth response of five co-occuring conifers to drought across a wide climatic gradient in Central Europe. Agriculture and Forest Meteorology, 197: 1-12. doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2014.06.001.
- Hermann M, Roethlisberger M, Gessler A, Rigling A, Senf C, Wohlgemuth T, Wernli H (2023) Meteorological history of low forest greenness events in Europe in 2002-2022. Biogeosciences, 20: 1155-1180. doi.org/10.5194/bg-20-1155-2023
- Bose AK, ... Rigling A (2020) Growth and resilience responses of Pinus sylvestris L. to extreme droughts: How do they vary across a 2800 km latitudinal gradient in Europe? Global Change Biology, 26: 4521-4537.
- Schuldt B, ... Rigling A, Kahmen A (2020) Impact of extreme 2018 summer drought on central European forests - a first assessment. Basic and Applied Ecology, 45: 86-103.
- Bose AK, ... Rigling A (2021) Climate sensitivity and drought seasonality determine post-drought growth recovery of Quercus petraea and Quercus robur in Europe. STOTEN, 784: 147222.
- Battlori E, ... Rigling A, ... Zeeman B (2020) Forest and woodland replacement patterns following drought-related mortality. PNAS, www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.2002314117.
- Allen CD, ... Rigling A, ... Cobb N (2010) Drought-Induced Forest Mortality: A Global Overview Reveals Emerging Climate Change Risks. Forest Ecology and Management 259: 660-684